Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Amber McCormick
April 05 2009 07:00AM

Zach Attack

As we approach the end of another disappointing season I can’t help but wonder what, if anything, would the Oil have done differently. The obvious answer would be win more, but each player is as unique a snowflake.

I had the privilege of a private and intimate (fake) interview with Zack Stortini. Out of all the fake interviews I’ve been a part of, never have I experienced such truth, candor and honesty. The following is an excerpt from said interview. The full interview can be heard in my head.

Amber: I imagine this isn’t the season you were hoping for. If you could go back to the beginning of the season what would you do differently?

Stortini: Hit more.

A: Wow. That’s so raw, Zack, so raw. Does it ever affect you, emotionally, being such a brute?

Z: (grunt) Brute. Hit.

A: Yes, that’s right Zack. Brutes hit. During Anaheim games you tend to get into quite the grapples with George Parros. What’s up with that?

Z: Mustache tickle. Smash... hit

A: I get it. I know how you feel. So Zack, now that the season is wrapping up and it looks as though you, once again, won’t be part of the playoffs; what do you plan to do with your time?

Z: Rabbits. Rabbits we’re gonna get and I, I get to tend ‘em.

A: That’s great Zack. Be careful with those rabbits. Remember what I taught you?

Z: Some people call it a slingblade... Hit rabbits... uh, no... no hitting rabbits.

A: Good boy, Zack.

So as you can see, there is life after the season. These players have other dreams. They have simple needs. Hopefully four to five months of rest will be just what our boys need.

Db1a966f04a8a472b0df900e5b7eeb29
Amber lives in Edmonton. Everyday she tries to do her part in preserving nature. Tomorrow she's pickling squirrels. Amber doesn't sweat the petty thing and she doesn't pet the sweaty things.
#1 Sandra
April 06 2009, 10:02AM

Amber are you in Ponoka?

#2 Amber McCormick
April 06 2009, 10:09AM

No Sandra, Edmonton. But if ever I'm traveling through, we'll go for coffee and talk about boys!

#3 Archaeologuy
April 06 2009, 10:21AM

Dont let Gary Sinise tell you 'bout the rabbits Zach!

#4 I'm a Scientist!
April 06 2009, 11:15AM

Wow, Zach has more dimensions than the 3D Jonas Brothers movie...

#5 Antony Ta
April 06 2009, 01:20PM

I think Zach and Vin Diesel would get along well. The Oilers should hire Vin Diesel as the Oilers personal kickass Assistant.

#6 AlBundy
April 06 2009, 01:51PM

Did you get tongue

#7 Amber McCormick
April 06 2009, 02:24PM

Antony Ta wrote:

Apples and oranges, my dear. Vin lives his life a quarter mile at a time and Stortini lives his a quarter text at a time.

#8 Amber McCormick
April 06 2009, 02:24PM

I'm a Scientist! wrote:

Wow, Zach has more dimensions than the 3D Jonas Brothers movie…

Brilliant. I like the cute one.

#9 Clarkenstein
April 06 2009, 05:43PM

Like the dude says on Survivor...

AMBUH!!!

#10 Nik Rofeelya
April 15 2009, 04:16PM

Wow, cute, witty and loves hockey. Oh, you too Amber LOL. That moustache comment...made me twitter just a bit haha.