April 08 2013 01:13PM
|TEAM||Fenwick Close %||Team Shot %||Team Save %||PDO|
- Not a good week to be a fan of Buffalo or Tampa Bay. Both teams are producing above their potential but both are four and eight points out of the playoff race with a lot of teams to leap up, making a post-season appearance unlikely. Seems like a shame to waste a good year.
- San Jose were between 51.5% and 52.0% in Fenwick Close all season. They gut the bottom half of their roster made up of poor puck-possession players, and have had a damn good week. Turns out Dougie Murray may be the anti-Jeff Carter, but if San Jose keeps up this play, I'm wondering if they might challenge in the Western Conference. Could be a sleeper team deserving to be named along with Los Angeles and Chicago.
- I believe St. Louis should be among those ranks too.
- The idea that the Boston Bruins are doomed because they're 1-4-1 in one-goal games against Montreal and Pittsburgh is quite flawed. This is an elite team that hasn't got the percentage support the Penguins have had this season. Hopefully Patrice Bergeron is back soon. Rather, hopefully Patrice Bergeron is healthy soon, and doesn't play before he's 100%. Bergeron is probably the best two-way centreman in the league, and the elite two-way centreman is the power-hitting shortstop of hockey. Nice to have a guy who can generate offence and be a perennial Selke candidate.
- Anaheim beat Los Angeles last night. Took them to a shootout, though. Ducks gonna be Ducky, and they'll probably hang on to the 2-seed.
- The cure for Philadelphia's .896 team save percentage was Steve Mason, apparently.
Comments are closed for this article.