NATION PLAYOFF POOL UPDATE #3 & NEW NATION GEAR

baggedmilk
May 09 2014 03:40PM

Update

The playoffs are well under way as is the Nation Drafts playoffs pool, and it seems as though there are new names on the leaderboard every week.  Either that's a sign that we're all geniuses or that the players we've chosen are choking at all world levels.  You'd have to think, at this point, anyone that picked Rick Nash is about ready to punch him in the mouth, right? In the very least, Nash has more opportunity to score than my champion pick Chris Kelly! Although, Rick Nash only has 4 assists which is not too far off from Chris Kelly's broken leg production. LONG LIVE CHRIS KELLY!

The Leaders

Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 1.13.24 PM

Dear MoFos, I need you to teach me your wisdoms. You've been on the leaderboard for a while now, so I can only assume you sacrificed a virgin to get these mystical playoff powers.  You've got the type of consistency that only a Red Wings fan would come to expect. I'd also like to give a shout out to Rammertime for having a team name that reminds me of what a 13 year old would call a backseat jam.

One thing that bums me out is as the rounds go on, there are fewer and fewer games on every day. The Oiler fan in me will be kind of happy when the playoffs are over so that no one has anything to cheer for. Selfish? Yes I am. We'll always have the draft though, am I right?

Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 1.10.38 PM

LOOK WHO'S CLIMBING UP THE STANDINGS! Last week, I was in the mid-200s and today I'm sitting pretty in 178. Oh the sweet taste of mediocrity is washing over me! Let me take a moment to bask in the glory of my successes. Sure I may never get in the ballpark of winning anything, but I'm beating some of you and that's good enough for me... and maybe a participation ribbon.

P.S.

Dear Boston/Habs Series,

To this point, you have been one of the greatest series in the playoffs. I love the hatred and taunting of each other and I hope it continues. Also, PK Subban is a warlord and I love him dearly. As such, I hate Montreal fans for being able to watch him all season long.

-bm

P.P.S. - New Nation Gear

Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 2.13.27 PM

There are new Nation Gear designs up on the Nations Store! Not only are the designs fresh, they're cheap enough to be affordable to all... unless you're a Flames or Canucks fans. You guys get no shirts, but it's only because we hate you. Sorry about that. *not sorry at all*

94ea28cbbd0f9fe4153692bb3e38b40c
Twitter tyrant for @OilersNation - Resident Jackass - Poor vessel for carrying milk. Follow me on twitter (@jsbmbaggedmilk) - Instagram (@himynameisbaggedmilk) or email me at baggedmilk@oilersnation.com.
#2 pelhem grenville
May 09 2014, 03:59PM

...that Bruins Habs thing you mentioned? great playoff hockey INDEEEEEEED!!!!

...my issue is that it's anybody BUT the bruins for me and I have NEVER been a Habs fan...it's almost torturing me to watch such awesome elite athletes do what they do...

Pernell Karl Subban is as good as I have EVER seen play the position of defenceman since the one and only P.D.Coffey...

#4 BobbyO
May 09 2014, 04:12PM

Just wondering seeing the Oilers nation T-shirt got me wondering why anyone would in their right mind would want to buy an Oilers Nation T-shirt?

Would that not confirm support of the Oilers who quite possibly on record would be regarded as THE worst franchise in pro-sports history?

I believe if you compare the historical record of the Oilers and the expectations raised from drafting young athletes who prior to joining the Oilers were regarded as "elite" and arguably "generational" and given the subsequent performance of not only the athlete but the organization that would surely make the Oilers the worst franchise of all time!

Please cancel my order.....

#5 oil leak
May 09 2014, 05:22PM

Bagged milk you whore, what are you doing writing on the flames side of things

#6 BobbyO
May 09 2014, 05:26PM
oil leak wrote:

Bagged milk you whore, what are you doing writing on the flames side of things

Its a common thread on both sites..you dumb ass.

#9 oil leak
May 09 2014, 05:34PM
BobbyO wrote:

Its a common thread on both sites..you dumb ass.

Thanks tips

Rather than being serious it was said for comedic effect

#10 Arius Mumin
May 09 2014, 06:49PM

If the NHL was a fair, respectable, unbiased league; #2 for Penguins should be suspended for the hit he did on the Rangers player in the last second of this 2nd period.

That was cheap as #*+@ and the four refs that seen it didn't even call a penalty. I don't care for either team but that was a joke.

#11 Quicksilver ballet
May 09 2014, 07:09PM

A recent JSBM study has concluded

Don't grow up, it's a trap.

#12 Arius Mumin
May 09 2014, 07:36PM

The geezer calling the game is a big Penguins homer. It's comical.

#13 I tried it at home
May 09 2014, 10:27PM

Im cheering Minny for Brodziak and Bryz. Scru the multimillionaire twin signings so last year already. Get her done, you exOilers. *drinks more rum*

#14 Harlie
May 09 2014, 10:41PM

Yee Haw Oil Kings!!! Nice win boys. The wife and kids and I will see y'all Sunday.

GO OIL KINGS GO!!!

#15 Wanye
May 09 2014, 11:28PM
BobbyO wrote:

Please cancel my order.....

LOLOL

#16 MoFos
May 09 2014, 11:32PM

Baggedmilk,

One sacrificial virgin. One tuft of Jiri Dopita's hair, a single egotistical tear harvested from Kevin Lowe's cheek and Ovechkin.

But after Chicago and Pittsburgh loosing tonight I think I should have added a touch of Robbie Shremp.

MoFos

#17 David S
May 09 2014, 11:43PM

Holy crap you guys. Baggedmilk is an official award winning author! Oilers Nation won another #Yeggie Award tonight.

#18 RexHolez
May 10 2014, 12:37AM

I respectfully request an oilersnation 3d foam finger!

#19 a lg dubl dubl
May 10 2014, 07:31AM

I like the black T for Oilernation, but if they came out in the blue and orange like the team, AND THE WEBSITE, I'd be so HAPPY.

p.s Ill be buying my oilernation t-shirt next week

p.p.s where can one get an oilernation sticker for my truck?

#20 Czar
May 10 2014, 09:27AM

Buy a shirt and support the Nation!!

I appreciate the fact that we have a place to bitch and complain about the present state of our Oilers. The writers here do a great job day after day and I for one appreciate it. I will consider this my membership fees and order another shirt, thanks Nation.

#21 Czar
May 10 2014, 09:38AM

I was going to buy a buddy a leaf nation T but they only come in white? Between the drooling and food stains white isn't practical for him.

#22 gotommygo
May 10 2014, 10:38AM
BobbyO wrote:

Please cancel my order.....

Plus $15 is too much to pay for something you'll just end up throwing over the glass at the next Oiler game.

#23 Petr's Jofa
May 11 2014, 07:20AM

I need an Oilersnation polo shirt so I can proudly wear it into the office here in St. John's. The place is swarming with Leafs, Flames, Sens, and Hab fans.

#24 Spydyr
May 11 2014, 12:13PM

Does anyone know Katz and Lowe's size I would like to order a couple for them.